Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Its a a new dawn, its a new day and I'm feelin good.

Jan 2nd. Its the new year. Positive thoughts for the new year always last until the end of February with me. Positive thoughts about my family last permenently. My first thought concerns my second son D. He has MS and is now a very positive person indeed. His emotions are all over the place however and he is vulnerable. He copes magnificently though and is a joy to be with. My next thoughts are for my wife J. What can I say about this woman thats fit for the internet? She is the Pope to my Dhalai Lama. If she goes first then I'll follow her as soon as possible. I can't imagine life without her.
My next thoughts are for my grandchildren; innocents caught up in a seperation situation created by their parents injured egos. A seventeen year relationship slipping slowly away. Its a great frustration beung a parent of adult children because you can't just knock their heads together and tell them what to do. They have to make their own mistakes. you can't interfere no matter how daft their behaviour becomes. Don't get me wrong they are both intelligent people but one of them couldn't work out how a relationship should be maitained and the other one couldn't do anything to prevent a deep rift forming between them. I really hope this year sees them back together for the sake of the children. Mind you as a society we don't really try any more do we? Its always the easy option nowadays. The quick fix. I can't complain too loudly though as it was my generation who invented the single parent. My son and dughter in law have to sort this out and they are both too uptight to think clearly. Whatever help I can give I will.
My next thoughts are for my remaining chlidren; my youngest son P is well enough but could be going into unhealthy overweight issues. We don't seem to get through to him but we'll keep on trying. My daughter C begins the year with her husband bearing the loss of his father. They both are young and yet too face the other trials and tribulations that life can send their way. But they give me hope.

For myslef I'll just try to stay healthy. I'm diabetic (late onset no insulin) and I also have Addisons Diease which is a wonderful medical condition. My body does not produce enough cortisone. Its a stress related disorder - I wonder how that could have happend! The treatment is cortisone tablets which gradually turn your hair white and leave you with a perfect tan. I'm begining to look like a handsome version of Peter Stringfellow.

I've made far too many resolutions this year and will not list them here.

One of my Christmas present was the excellent new album from the Afrocelts "Anatomic". This is world music at its best. The band was formed around the idea that Irish instruments - fiddle, pipes and bhodran - would sound great with African drums. This album is the best they have produced to date. There are strong Asian influences that make the album more well rounded than their earlier work. If you like rhythm or drums or just dancing about like a wild person this music is for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home