Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Change of plan

The planned parachute jump was postponed again due to wet weather. So my son and I had a weekend at home eating good food and drinking fine beer. We ate much more than we drank though. My son has developed an interest in jazz and he wanted to listen to some of my records and CDs. How we ended up listening to Frank Zappa I’ll never know. He hadn’t heard much Zappa at all and even though it wasn’t jazz he had a great time listening to albums that I couldn’t play when he was young. We had a great day. I’m almost word and note perfect on all of my Zappa collection and it was cathartic to go through the songs and instrumentals from my youth. It was the first day this year so far that I felt relaxed in any way.

P told me today that my eldest son was looking and feeling happier and seemed more content than he has for a long time. This news does my heart good. It may take time for him to recover but I know that he will get there in the end. I really hope that he can get to a happier place and return to his family as soon as possible. Life is way too short for depression. Its happened to me twice so far, once in my early thirties and again in my mid forties. The second time was the worst and it took me just over a year to come out of it. I now have to contend with mid life crisis although I feel more able to deal with things nowadays, more in balance, more focussed and, strangely, happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger pocketpunk said...

Thanks for the kind words...I dont think I ever would have got through all this without your sound advice
x
pp

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home