Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Monday, May 22, 2006

I may be in trouble

Common courtesy used to be something that was taken for granted in these cold and wet islands. We used to be polite. Before the sixties came along we were so far up ourselves that a social gaff of any kind could lead to exclusion or social isolation and defamation of character. This was not political correctness it was the English way. It was the middle class, Church of England way.

Things are a little more relaxed nowadays but I think that your loved ones deserve a degree of courteous behaviour or at very least civility even if you can be more relaxed with them.

I may have made a mistake. Nothing new there but it is very easy to do the wrong thing, write inappropriate words or text the badly constructed message.

So I’d like to apologise to everyone who knows me. For having that extra drink, for the inappropriate use of the F word, for the apparent neglect, for the letter or email or text that could be read in two ways, for spending too much, for the harsh words, for being an idiot, for being irritable, for being in the wrong place at the right time and vice versa, for not knowing better. For everything.

This will not, I am sure, go any way to making the recipient of my last text message feel any better. Ignore my text. I really hope that you get well soon. That was all I wanted to say.

I feel better having that off my chest. I have to make sure that I don’t need to do that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home