Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Holidays. Don't you just love 'em?

My holiday predicament has been resolved. I was concerned that I wouldn’t get a real fly of somewhere warm holiday this year. The situation was resolved when my daughter asked if we could all go on a timeshare holiday. These are usually quite cheap as the only cost is the flight and insurance. However as it is now the end of May the chances of getting anything in August are minimal. We were saved however and I can now look forward to 2 weeks on sunny Tenerife. I was trying to remember how many times I have been there and I think its three times so this will be the last time I think. Its not that I don’t like the place, it’s a dramatic island and the locals are really nice people, it’s the tourist industry there that bothers me. Its all been overdone.

That said there are some fascinating sights to see particularly the island of Gomera now that’s where I would go if I won 15 million on the lottery. The island is mountainous and covered in a unique type of European rainforest. Its amazing. They do an incredible coffee called a baraquito. It is made with evaporated milk and has a large brandy in it – beautiful.

Tenerife also has those lovely potatoes and mojo sauce, delicious fish (tuna and sea bass in particular). They also have Ron Meil which is one of the finest drinks ever made made. The sea will be warm the weather will be hot and I will there with my family what could I possibly be bothered about? The price? Yes it was a little pricey. But I’ve always been the live now pay later type of guy. That’s why I have no money I’m always paying later! I can’t wait but I’ll have to as it will be August before I go away. Lets hope that the weather stays fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home