Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Conspiracy theory

Earlier this year when it should have been spring, Winter dragged on didn’t it? I watched a conspiracy program on Sky One. Now watching documentaries on Sky One is a bit like reading The Sun newspaper (there’s an oxymoron). Let’s just say that it wasn’t the most striking piece of journalism I’ve ever seen. I’ve never been one for conspiracy theories as most of them sound ridiculous. But amongst the usual fare; “Real aliens at Roswell” and “We never sent men to the moon” for example there was a little gem that may just be true. Why did America invade Iraq? For the oil right? They didn’t find weapons of mass destruction. Well this theory states that the real reason the US of A invaded was that Iraq had announced that it would no longer trade oil in US dollars and had set up its own market based on the Euro. Now the US would not look too kindly on that as oil prices worldwide are fixed in dollars regardless of where in the world the oil is produced.

Saudi Arabia’s bank account resides in New York. Oil is crucial to the American economy. Near the end of the Iraq war Iran announced that it too would fix oil prices in Euros and guess what? All of sudden Iran is having its nuclear industry questioned. Are they making atomic bombs? Should they be allowed to make an atomic bomb? IRAN is being isolated just as Iraq was before the US invaded. If things don’t calm down the US may just decide to invade Iran too or worse just fire two dozen nuclear missiles into the country (to minimize US casualties). That will do the West/Islam relationship a power of good. And that children was how World War Three began. As conspiracy theories go this is a plausible one.

As Bill Bailey said America is the world’s bully, going around threatening other countries making serious demands and Britain is the cowardly bully’s assistant who hides behind America shaking a weak fist and saying “yeah”. Who will save us all from America? Well it will have to be China. Better start teaching your sons and daughters mandarin pronto.

Its obvious that I am working very hard at the moment, I don’t have time to do anything but work and the list of things I have to do each day is just getting longer. The work we had planned in the house and garden has been slow in starting and this is somehow my fault. My wife agreed to run a 5k fun run for charity so we have to train in the evenings which has taken me away from other things that I could be doing. To be honest after 18:00 hours I just want to sit and rest. So now I have pressure from my wife to get on with things that she shows no sign of beginning either. So with fatigue and stress I don’t have time to scratch my arse let alone work on the house. I’m not complaining though I only complain when I’m bored. (Best song in the world about being bored – Iggy Pop “I’m bored”).

1 Comments:

Blogger personallog! said...

I prefer Lust for Life by Iggy Pop!lol!
Dave

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home