Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Headache dude.

In the words of many a blues song introduction I woke up this morning. Of course I did, I wake up every morning. But I woke up this morning with bright zigzag lights in my field of vision; these bright lights I have come to recognise as the precursor to a migraine headache. A migraine is a real b@ast@rd and to have one first thing in the morning is just unfair. I did the usual thing. I took two 500mg of paracetamol as soon as the lights were apparent and avoided the blinding headache and now I am left with the sore brain, sore cranium part of the whole migraine experience. With luck I will also avoid the miserable-ness and retching. The most unfair thing about a migraine is that they happen whether I have abused my body with alcohol or not. In the last three weeks I have consumed in total eight pints of beer (not in one go) and one sip of red wine (literally). No other recreational drugs have been used. If anything I am being healthy I’m even exercising perhaps my body is rejecting the healthy way of life after five and a half years of abusing my body. The last time I had a migraine was 1998. They are that memorable. Anyway my concentration is all over the place its taken 20 minutes to write this much.

One thing I can concentrate on is my holiday. The confirmation arrived today so I will be enjoying airline food (always have) apparently your taste buds and your clitoris work better at 35000 feet which might explain the large number of mile high club members one encounters on long haul flights. However I only have taste buds so the best experience I will have on the plane will be the meal. I enjoy take off too, its better than a ride at Alton Towers. I will also enjoy Tenerife. I’ve been a few times and done the tourist things so this time I want to relax and maybe have a look at some things that I’ve read about; things that I didn’t know where there, a botanical garden for example or perhaps a museum. Lord Nelson attacked Tenerife way back when and got his ass kicked and lost his arm. There is a museum that still has his flag and a toadying letter of surrender. Then of course there are camel rides. Tenerife has the most flatulent camels in the world and rides are all done in single file so the only camel to sit on is first one! Or am I thinking of Lanzarote? My concentration is shot today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home