Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Four good books or three

Back from holidays and end of first week back. Had one migraine already and a filthy cold that I don’t seem to be able to shift.

I read 4 books while I was away.

The Da Vinci Code (I thought that I would leave it until it was an unfashionable read – fashion in all its forms is a waste of time). I was pleasantly surprised. A good story and well written. What was all the fuss about?

The Last Templar which was ok but I didn’t enjoy the ending. A Bart Simpson would say “this sucks and blows!”

A tall man in a low land – Some time among the Belgians. This was excellent in a laugh out loud sort of way. (lol is the fashionable expression or so I believe).

Homer’s Odyssey. A real classic that I have owned for a while but didn’t have the motivation to read all the way through. I also own the Aeneid which I am now going to read. As I can’t read ancient Greek I have to accept the translation was accurate; I wonder what was left out. I know little of ancient Greece but I do know that there was a lot of sh@gging going on, young boys mainly on the receiving end. Civilised? Don’t talk cobblers.

Anyway the holiday is over. Roll on Christmas, roll on next year’s holiday. As long as things roll on I’ll be alright.

Next time I give my opinion of a book I'll try to remember the authour's name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home