Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Family life

While I was thinking about free time or rather the apparent lack of it I remebered a time when I was in my mid thirties. I had 4 children and as many hobbies, we went walking in the hills of Northumberland or spent time on the best beaches in the country every weekend. I worked long hours then too. But I shrugged off the stress because, in my own naive way, I thought that was the way life was for everyone. My life was normal; brilliant fun but normal non the less.
So whats different now? I'm older thats for sure and work is more stressful as I have much more responsibility. So why do feel so run down? I don't have children any longer - well not in the sense of demanding 24/7 children. I don't have many hobbies any more I don't even get in to the garden often any more either.
I haven't been exhausted by family life so I must be whining about old age. If its my perception of tiredness that the issue then I can do something positive to change things. Fifty percent of the energy you think you have is mental energy. Thats that solved then! I'll be walking over to collect my grandchildren from school this afternoon time to put theory into practice! Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home