Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Live Music

Had a good weekend. Went to see a Pink Floyd tribute band called Off The Wall on Saturday night followed by a small party 23:300 to 02:15. On Sunday went to the South Lakes and bought some fantastic ginger shortbread.
I've never seen a tribute band of any kind before Saturday and I didn't know what to expect. I honestly thought that they would be awful. I was pleasantly surprised. Each number was done more or less straight as the original recordings with a bit of artistic license here and there. The guitar,sax and vocal solo's were just amazing. I know that some people don't enjoy the creative aspect of a live performance but I think that its essential to my enjoyment of the show. I can enjoy the original recording but I like to see what the band can do with the material. I imagine that if you are in a band on tour playing the same thing night after night would get pretty dull,
The party was good too. The beer flowed like wine (and so did the wine). The company was good and we all had fun. I discovered that my host's wife is desperate to have sex outdoors, a fantasy she had had for some time. So I offered and she said yes! (If any of my children are reading this you will know who I am talking about NOTHING happened!) She'd had an awful lot of wine though bless her and she usually talks way too much when she's had a few. Just goes to show that excessive alcohol consumtion in an innocent environment can be fun.
The South Lakes were brilliant. The day started with crap weather at home; we nearly didn't go. I'm glad we did go though. By the time we drove there the sun was out and the temperature was high. The hills looked gorgeous in early autumn colours and the lakes looked like mirrors as there was no more than a light breeze. We had a good look around Ambleside and Grasmere. Both places were busy; lots of tourists. But the scenery and the food held our attention.
The weekend set me up for the week ahead and so far I'm doing alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home