Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hello again

Online again. Haven’t posted for quite awhile. No real reason, I haven’t felt the need to be in cyberspace as much. One thing about the real world that I’ve noticed is the attitude of people who live around me to the festive season.

I used to hate Xmas. As anyone who has read this blog will know I am not a participant in the Christian religion and the “holy” elements to Xmas hold no meaning for me. When all my children were still at home Xmas was just an expensive day that we couldn’t afford. I did enjoy the excitement of the children but on the whole the Xmas period was just an opportunity to stay off work and eat too much.

In my mid forties I had a change of heart. Two of my four children had left home so the expense diminished (a little). I began to enjoy the run up to Xmas. WhileTte last two Novembers have been pretty grim one way or another but this year its been completely different. We have two more grandchildren expected to arrive in 2007!

Xmas now begins on the first weekend in December. I travel 200 miles to meet two old friends and we go Xmas shopping. Last year we went to Belfast, this year we went to Durham. We had a great time and I drank waaaay to much beer.

I’ll now be spending waaay too much money on presents for the loved ones.

There’ll be good food (and a little drink) and two weeks off work!! I may

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home