Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Friday, January 12, 2007

What an adventure

 I've been trying to update for the last week or so but I've been unable to log in. If I wasn't such a geek I might have given up. But here I am (I was lucky enough to have an email with a link that worked. Its been like this since I went over to the new blogger. Just goes to show new is not always better. Its been a frustrating week. I've thought of lots of things to write but each idea has leached away when I couldn't get access to blogger. Not to worry I always think of something. At the end of last year I thought a bit of a change was in order. This blog is a little bit pointless as its only read by a very small, but select, group of people. I’m beginning to feel a little bored with writing about myself and my life. I’m not a natural diarist but a lot of the things I’ve written have been intended to help members of my family who, for one reason or another, haven’t been as happy as they might be. I titled this blog “Dance with Wolves” for two reasons: I had just seen the movie of the same name and I admired the “character” of the main character, if you see what I mean, and I also thought that the title summed up our collective experience of day to day life. There are a lot of “wolves” out there whose sole purpose is to make us upset, sad or angry (even suicidal). The wolves can be anything. Financial problems, marital problems, health problems – I’ve certainly written a lot about all three. There are many others things that can cause unhappiness; other people, institutions, age, attitudes, discriminations, etc the list is potentially endless.

I know what makes me happy and helps me dance with the wolves in my life but I’m interested in how other people cope with life. So I’ll be doing a bit of research and a bit of writing, with a little ranting here and there, – if I can access blogger!
The following is a frivolous piece of advice on relationships from America aimed
 at geeks.

Why do we look to the USA so much?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home