Name:
Location: St Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I'm happy. I'm amused by life. I know who I am and why I'm here. I have a masters degree and very little money.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

A friend passes

I rediscovered today that work interferes with life too much. I know this because I have been following the website of my favourite musician Michael Brecker. I haven't been able to check up on how he was doing in his fight with leukemia because I've been so busy lately that I've been too knackered to surf the net.

I discovered this morning that my musical hero died back in January (13th). I was unprepared for the news and have been affected more than I thought would be possible. His music has accompanied me most of my adult life. I am pleased to have been alive at the same time as he was. I celebrate his life and I'm sad that there will be no more music from him. He introduced me to Jazz and latin and funk and so much more. Thanks Mike you were, and are, a light in the darkness. The world has lost a talented soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home